Vertu Motors welcomed 26 new members to its Masters Club, a Group-wide recognition program that identifies and celebrates the achievements of high-performing colleagues.
The new inductees were officially recognized at an awards ceremony hosted by former England footballer John Barnes.
Winners were selected from nominations made by their colleagues and managers with a focus on professionalism, commitment, respect, passion and integrity along with performance-based rankings.
Robert Forrester, Managing Director of Vertu Motors, said: “Recognition is one of the core values of our group and those we have inducted into our Masters Club are an inspiration to their colleagues.
“They have demonstrated best practices, exceptional levels of service and remarkable attention to detail which all help ensure our customers have an exceptional experience when doing business with us.
“The Masters Club also recognizes that it is not only customer-facing colleagues, but also those working behind the scenes, who have an important role to play at Vertu Motors plc.
Comedian Jed Stone helped present the awards with Barnes. The awards ceremony had a magical theme, which included a live owl experience and magical entertainment.
The group completed a £2million share buy-back deal in May to bolster its employees’ confidence in benefits, as Forrester increased its own stake in the sale company to PLC car detail.
This follows a 41.9% increase in revenue and a 228% increase in adjusted pre-tax profits in a record set of 2021/22 full-year financial results.
Those welcomed to the Vertu Motors plc Masters Club for 2021-2022 included:
- Apprentice Technician of the Year: Douglas Lyall, Macklin Motors Edinburgh East Hyundai
- Service Technician of the Year: Thomas Brookes, Bristol Street Motors Ilkeston Nissan
- Senior Technician of the Year: Justin Whitehall, Bristol Street Motors Nottingham Kia
- Valeter of the Year: Roger Allen, Valeter at Macklin Motors Glasgow Central Nissan
- Help Desk Colleague of the Year: Steven Blyth, Senior Web Developer
- Ford Division Colleague of the Year: Pete Skuse, compound controller at Bristol Street Motors Gloucester Ford
- Vauxhall and Citroën Division Colleague of the Year: Dylan Hurley, Workshop Controller at Bristol Street Motors Chingford & Waltham Vauxhall
- Colleague of the Year for the Multi-Franchise Division: Hannah Aries, Fleet Administrator at Bristol Street Motors Banbury Peugeot, Hyundai and Mitsubishi.
- Honda, Kia Toyota Division Colleague of the Year: Stephanie Webster, Service Administrator at Vertu Honda Nottingham
- Nissan Renault Division Colleague of the Year: James Bex, Local Business Development Manager at Bristol Street Motors Nottingham Renault
- Volkswagen Audi Group Colleague of the Year: Hannah Chapman, Senior Service Advisor at Vertu Harrogate Volkswagen
- Jaguar Land Rover Division Colleague of the Year: Harry Topping, Assistant Accountant at Vertu Bolton Jaguar Land Rover
- BMW Division Colleague of the Year: Philip Morfitt, Product Genius at Vertu York BMW and MINI
- Mercedes-Benz Division Colleague of the Year: Andrew Meadmore, Preparation Controller at Vertu Beaconsfield Mercedes-Benz
- Assistant Business Colleague of the Year: Christopher Barker, Alloy Wheel Technician at Vertu Cosmetic Repair
- Customer Satisfaction Index Champion Award: Ainsleigh McMullen, Macklin Motors Hamilton Ford
- Highest-end units sold: Stewart Jackson, Vertu Beaconsfield Mercedes-Benz
- Most alternative premium units sold: Adil Eddy, Vertu Honda Doncaster
- Most Volume Units Sold: Brett McGrane, Bristol Street Motors Nottingham Hyundai
- Most New Car Volume Units Sold: Peter Singh, Bristol Street Motors Darlington Nissan
- Top Selling Used Car Volume Units: Sean Benn, Bristol Street Motors Exeter Renault
- Most Diamondbrites sold: Jason Lord, Bristol Street Motors Derby Citroen
- Most 2+ Year Warranties Sold: Jay Alderton, Bristol Street Motors Darlington Nissan
- Best Selling Used Car Service Plans: Chris Layton, Bristol Street Motors Stafford Ford
- Most emissions control services sold: Meg Jessop, Vertu Honda Derby
- Best-selling tyres: Kevin Pretty, Vertu Toyota Chesterfield